Wednesday, November 10, 2004
Tuesday, November 9, 2004
Run the Directory Access utility.
- If locked, click unlock icon to unlock
- Select the SMB line (you do not have enable SMB, just configure it)
- Click the Configure... button.
- Enter your Workgroup name and WINS server ip address.
Install Gimp-Print 4.2.7 This includes more drivers for many different printers.
Run the Printers Setup utility
- Hold down the Option key and click the Add button on the toolbar.
- In the top pulldown select 'Advanced'.
- In the Device pulldown select 'Windows Printer via SAMBA'.
- Type in a descriptive name.
- Type in a Device URI using the following format: 'smb://username:password@workgroup/computer/printer' where workgroup is the workgroup or domain name (could be left blank if the same as set above), computer is the computer's name and printer is the printer's share name.
- Select the Printer Model to use, the ones with gimp-print and cups in the name will print correctly to non-postscript printers. You may need to search the net for a print driver to use, I have a HP PhotoSmart inkjet and there is no driver with it's name, so I searched and found a substitute driver that works fine.
You should now be able to print.And now after all that is this how I print? NO, I use Dave from Thursby and it handles printing much better and some other things too. More info can be found here:
No available for Windows and Mac OS X! very cool and works great
The best browser by far, and as a bonus it runs in Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. See my next post regarding Extensions
What can I say, one mouse and one keyboard and I control my Desktop/Dell Laptop/PowerBook talk about screen overload :)