I recently upgraded from SBS 2003 to SBS 2003 SP1. The process was relatively painless. One thing that I have noticed is that the memory working set has gone from aprox 620MB to aprox 880MB, this is a problem for my server since it only has 640MB of RAM!? Time to upgrade my server?
I also ran into a problem with the SBS Configure E-mail and Internet Connection Wizard (CEICW) and Exchange's store.exe. CEICW failed during the firewall setup task and store.exe was causing an error due to too much memory being used to be reported in my daily report.
Regarding CEICE, I found a newsgroup posting that had the similar errors posted in their icwlog.txt file. Basically I did the following:
- Ran IIS Manager and selected the Default Web site
- Open the IP Address and Domain Name Restrictions setting
- Change the setting to the opposite of what was set.
- Select all to apply the change to all sub webs.
- Select all again to apply the change all the way down.
- Change the setting back to what it was
- Select all to apply the change. (It did not ask for sub webs!?)
- Ran CEICW, ran without errors.
Here is the newsgroup post I used (tinyurl'd for your pleasure):
Sloution from MS Support--->Re: Bump>CEICW fails during firewall config, ISA 2004
Regarding store.exe using to much memory, there is a hotfix to resolve this problem and you can get it here:
Update for Windows Small Business Server 2003: KB 843539